Go / No-Go Recommendation
• Is the recommendation for the Water Fund to proceed to the next phase (Design)?
• Which considerations are important to bring forward to decision-makers in terms of the physical setting and scope?
• What arguments support the recommendation in terms of identified challenges?
• What assumptions underlay the recommendation?
• Given the current conditions, what are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the Water Fund?
• What conditions must be met before the Water Fund can proceed? (e.g. conditions related to identified weaknesses and/or threats)
• What organizations and groups should be involved in the Design Phase?
• Decision-making: is there an advisory panel that could be convened to help guide this determination of feasibility?
• What is the current state of knowledge within the project area?
• Are there major information gaps that need to be filled before a decision about feasibility can be made?
• What is the total cost estimate for completing the Design Phase?
• As a very high-level ballpark estimate, what is the potential total cost of developing the Water Fund?
• Who might value the interventions the Water Fund is proposing?
• Do conditions necessitate investment into further analysis of stakeholders' willingness to pay? (e.g. for political leverage)
• Who will design the Water Fund?
• What considerations related to the implementation of interventions are important to highlight for decision-makers?
• What is our ‘elevator pitch’ for the Water Fund?
• Who should the contents of the feasibility documents and its recommendations be shared with?
Challenges and potential interventions
• What are the key challenges the Water Fund will help address?
• What is the magnitude of those challenges?
• What interventions might the Water Fund implement to help address those challenges?